Oldalak

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TWD 9 - Oasis Naan with Dried Tomatoes

There was a lot going on lately so I could only write this post now, although I did finished with the Naan in time. :)))
If I read it correctly, Naan is a very popular flat bread in the Arabic states of the Persian Gulf. It is made of tepid water, dry yeast, flour and a pinch of salt. Easy? Easy.

The dough was very very light and fluffy. It rose easily. In the original recipe you have to sprinkle it with coarse salt, scallions and cumin or caraway seeds. But as usually I spiced it up a bit as I also added some chopped dried tomatoes.

I also made (I mean my husband) an easy dip.

GARLIC-CHEESE DIP

INGREDIENTS

200 g sour cream
1-2 cloves of garlic
100 g grated cheese

Easy? Easy. :))))

You can find perfect descriptions and picture tutorials at Maggie (Always Add More Butter) or at Phyl (Of Cabbages and King Cakes).

2 comments: