Oldalak

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes with "Xmas Crackers"

The idea of a cupcake and "Xmas crackers" (click here if you want to find out what I am talking about) came from the fact that I have been tossing around 10 "Xmas crackers" for a while.

I am, for a long time now, not in a Christmas mood. So it is not surprising that I have not feel like eating them any more. But what should I do with them?

That is when the idea came to bake some cupcakes with them.

Searching for a perfect cupcake recipe I came across the blog of the Cupcake Project, where they recommended Chockylit's plain chocolate cupcake as the best cupcakes ever.


INGREDIENTS (8-10 cupcake)

120 g sugar
56 g butter
53 g all-purpose flour
22 g cacao powder
1 egg
1 dl milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda (tip of the knife would be enough)
1/8 teaspoon baking powder (tip of the knife would be enough)
pinch of salt
4-5 Xmas crackers (I made caramel, nougat and marzipan)

Whisk butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and whisk it further. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add it to the butter-egg mixture alternately with the milk and vanilla extract. Cut the Xmas crackers into small cubes and stir them in the mixture. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (350 Fahrenheit). Fill up the cupcake forms until half and bake them for 20-25 minutes.

NOTES
  • As I wanted to bake only 6 cupcakes, I halved the recipe. I guess I could not precisely measure 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/8 teaspoon baking powder, as the dough rose extra large.When I took them out, they collapsed and a huge hole appeared. 
  • Chockylit was right: Don't fill the cupcake form more than half or max 2/3.

Apart from everything my husband, who originally said to my cupcake idea that "Don't bake too much, I can only eat one", ate two cupcakes in a row. Just right after I took them out. One hour later, he destroyed his last cupcake. I think it was more than a successful idea at the end. He even said that it was super and he loves when the pastry is a little muddy inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment