Oldalak

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TWD 2 - Chocolate Truffle Tartlets

Here is the time for the second "Baking with Julia" recipe and as an introduction I should start with saying: 

WOW!!!!!!!

I loved it. It was a melted chocolate bomb with just a hint of almond taste. Both me and my husband loved it. It reminded us of chocolate lava cake or chocolate souffle. Due to lack of deep freezer, we missed a little vanilla ice cream. Maybe next time. :)))

The dough was easy to make. Just mixed the flour, the cocoa powder, the sugar and the salt together. Added the butter, the water and the egg yolk at the same time and made the crust with my hand. Very easy, took me only 15 minutes.  

The filing was again 15 minutes to make. I could not find biscotti, but I did find amaretti. I used 10 small amaretti and cut them into four. I made two 4-inch tartlets and one 7-inch tartlet. The latter is on the pictures, because I forgot to brush the tartlet forms with melted butter, so the small ones were stuck. We ate them out with a spoon. Not really picture-friendly. :))))

In terms of baking, 10 minutes were enough for the small ones, but the big one needed almost 20 minutes. Still no complaints. 

Absolutely agree with the storing hint. They are indeed the best the day they've made. I refrigerated and ate one the next day. It lost it melted chocolate texture. It was a simple hard chocolate cake. So don't wait, eat it right away. 

For the recipe click on here or here or here


See you in 2 weeks at TWD!

19 comments:

  1. I love your presentation with the amaretti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Love the presentation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great with the cookies on top :) It was a little too hard for me to eat after being refrigerated so I microwaved it for about 10-15 seconds and that kind of brought it back to it's melty, gooey, delicious state :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style! so much so ive joined your Blog!
    Join mine at http://lellysgallery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those amaretti cookies! I think I got them at World Market before. Your tarts look delicious. Glad both you and your husband liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nice words and the tips. Next time I put it in the microwave definitely as what I like most in this dessert is the melty, gooey state. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOur tart looks gorgeous! I like the amaretti on top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The amaretti make for a pretty presentation.
    We warmed our leftovers up in the oven to get the melty centers back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are those cookies on top? Genius!!! Love your blog and the fact that you have another one in another language... I should do that in Spanish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mireia, yes I have a Hungarian one and I am in the process of translating all posts to English. About 10 is still missing in Dec and Jan.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous photos!!! And all the chocoholics in my house adored this one. Thanks so much for visiting my blog...and I look forward to baking with you many more times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your blog. Looking forward for the next time. But I am sure I will visit you before Rugelach.

      Delete
  11. Cute blog name & nice photos!

    Do you have an email? Want to ask you a question.
    email me: bakingismyzen@comcast.net

    ~Carmen
    http://bakingismyzen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmen, my address is at "About me", but just in case I dropped you an email.

      Delete
  12. I love the cookies on top instead of in the mixture. You're guaranteed the crunch. I look forward to baking with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crunchy in the inside and crunchy on the outside. :)) I look forward baking with you too!

      Delete