Oldalak

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Red Berries Frangipane Galette

Not that I cannot bake anything without an excuse. Moreover, according to my weight scale, I bake much more I should have. :))

However, we were invited to our friends to visit their new-born (3 months old) baby, I had my excuse. Before the baby has born in December we already had a baby shower, for which I baked danish tea biscuits. This time I was thinking of pies.

I have already baked pear frangipane galette so as spring is coming I decided on red berries frangipane galette.

The dough is again paté briseé and I used the same frangipane cream recipe as last time, but substituted pear with berries and cinnamon with vanilla.


BAKING THE GALETTE

100 g blueberries
100 g blackcurrant
1 packet of bourbon vanilla sugar

Roll the dough out to 2-3 mm (approx. 0.1-0.2 inch). Distribute the frangipane cream evenly in the middle of the dough. Leave 3-4 cm (1.2-1.5 inch) as that part should be folded back. Place the berries (washed and wiped dry) on the cream and fold in the sides. Sprinkle the whole galette with vanilla sugar. 

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees (375 Fahrenheit) and bake it until 25 minutes. 

1 comment: