Oldalak

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

TWD 11 - Hazelnut Biscotti

I have to say I was very excited to bake these Hazelnut Biscottis, as I have been always fascinated by Italian food.

I also have to be honest. I have never tried either biscotti or cantuccini, so I had no idea what to expect.

Preparing the dough and baking the biscotti wasn't hard at all and I even didn't have a cooling rack that I could put in the oven. :)))

I loved the idea of how to peel off the skins from the hazelnut. All you need is boiling water, 2 tablespoon of baking soda, 200 g hazelnut and 5 minutes. After that you could REALLY peel the skins off easily with your fingers. So simple and so easy. Fascinating. :))

I have also never roasted hazelnuts before. I found it a bit tricky as I had no idea how brown should they be and I had no left-over to combine the colour with a raw hazelnut. But 15-20 minutes at 300 Fahrenheit would do.

I really liked the roasted hazelnut taste, but to be honest (I am very honest now), for me the biscotti turned out to be very dry and hard. I like much more my Hot Chocolate Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies.

For the recipe and more pictures visit Jodi at Homemade and Wholesome or Kathrine at Baking and Boys.

6 comments:

  1. They have to turn dry and hard, that's just how they are so you did a great job!!! But I agree I would rather have some chocolate cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine were hard too, but I think I left them in too long on the second bake. Plus, there was that little mistake where I missed the part about turning down the oven to 300 during the first bake. But they were still good. My college kids couldn't stop eating them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Around the world so many dentists have been dancing around in happiness since the publishing of our biscotti recipe! :-)

    They are definitely dry
    and if you don't like them because of that,
    try to dunk them into coffee, milk, tea... they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Among others my aunt. :))) I will give it another try with tea or milk.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lot of firsts :-)
    Sorry these weren't your thing, but they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Did not care for these either. Good thing they were easy and did not call for too many ingredients.

    ReplyDelete