Oldalak

Monday, October 31, 2011

Ganache (Chocolate Banana Tarts)

What the hell is a ganache?

I thought that behind this French name there is a special chocolate cream. But I was wrong. It is one of the easiest chocolate cream I have ever seen.

All you have to do is to heat the heavy cream until boiling and then pour it on the chocolate (chips or pieces). The chocolate will melt and booooommmm you have a ganache.

To fill in 4 3.5-inch tarts I used 1 dl heavy cream and a half chocolate bar (approx. 50g).

If you do not have ready-made tarts, you can use one of these tart recipes (Cinnamon Tarte Tatin or French Apple Tart after Jane Price and use your cupcake or souffle forms. The dough is enough for 8-10 3.5-inch tarts. 

I put banana slices in the tart and poured the ganache on them. As a final step I sprinkle the tarts with some peanut. The tarts should be put in the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes and then they are ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment