Oldalak

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Apple Cookies

I think I inherited from my grandma to use everything before they go bad. 
Since Monday I have been watching the apples getting closer and closer to go bad, but I had no fancy to eat them just like that. So I asked it from myself: What should I do with them? Eureka, all I have to do is to adapt the triple chocolate cookie recipe. Have I also seen some nuts, peanuts and almonds in the cupboard? Oh yes.

INGREDIENTS (12-15 cookies)
180 g pastry flour (all-purpose flour would do just fine) 
50 g sugar 
100 g butter (room temperature) 
2 medium-sized eggs 
3 teaspoon cinnamon
1 apple
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
Nut, peanut, almond to taste

Whisk the eggs and the sugar together. Add the butter and the vanilla extract. If the dough doesn’t get smooth, don’t worry, it will. In a separate bowl I mixed 150 dkg flour with the baking powder and the cinnamon, then it it in small portions to the other mixture.

Peel the apples and grate the quarters. Add them to the mixture together with the remaining 30 dkg flour.

Last step is to add the nuts, peanuts and almonds as much as you like. I added approx. 100 g all together.

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (350 Fahrenheit) and create the cookie batches with an ice cream scoop. Bake them for 10-15 minutes until the sides get light brown.







NOTES :))) If you let the cookies to cool down, they would taste much better. So be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment