Oldalak

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Panna Cotta

Let me start saying I LOVE PANNA COTTA. I could eat panna cotta every day. As Christmas is almost knocking at our doors, I decided to make my own Christmas panna cotta inspired by ginger bread cookies. :)))




INGREDIENTS

0,5 l heavy cream
1 packet of gelatine (enough for 500 ml liquid)
5 dkg sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
10 cloves
1 pinch of ginger
3 long peel of an orange

I prepared the panna cotta as usual. Put all ingredients in a pan except 2 tablespoon heavy cream and the cloves. Heat them on a medium heat (6 out of 9 grades). Whisk time to time. Add cloves only at half way through to avoid its taste being too strong and dominant.

When it is ready, add the gelatine (previously mixed with 2 tablespoon heavy cream) and whisk it until the gelatine melts. Pour it in glasses and put the glasses in the fridge.

Until the panna cotta is cooling down, make the sauce.

CINNAMON ORANGE SAUCE

Peel one big orange. Get rid of as many white layers as you can. Add 1 tablespoon sugar and about 1 coffee spoon of cinnamon. Heat them at medium heat until boiling. Then mix it in a food processor or hand-held mixer and place it back to the heat. You need 5-10 minutes and the sauce will be ready. Pour it on the panna cotta and put it back to the fridge for an hour.

I loved it. Hope you will like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment