Oldalak

Monday, December 5, 2011

Sugar Cookie and Royal Icing Recipes

As sugar cookie is very popular just as cupcakes there were a tons of recipes. My favourite sugar cookie decorating blog so far is "The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle" I wanted to try her basic sugar cookie recipe.

Again I struggled was the amount of the ingredients as I did not need 100 cookies. After all I came up with the below, from which I made 16 reindeers, 12 Santa Clauses, 8 snowflakes and 8 snowmen.


SUGAR COOKIE

INGREDIENTS

113 g soft butter
87 g powder sugar
1 small egg or half of a large egg :)))
200 g all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon almond extract (alternatively, you may want to use vanilla extract)

An amazing step by step picture tutorial you can find on Sugarbelle’s blog.

ROYAL ICING

INGREDIENTS

400 - 450 g powder sugar
1 tablespoon meringue powder
0.5 dl water

An amazing step by step picture tutorial you can find on Sugarbelle’s blog.

I decorated with her piping and flooding icing, at least I tried too. However, I think that my piping icing consistency was not good. I need to practise more. :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment