Oldalak

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Reindeer Cookies

I needed the following:

- royal icing (piping and flooding),
- sugar pearls,
- Wilton #2,
- piping bag,
- brown and red food colouring,
- toothpick.






Step 1: Outlining the reindeer. I used brown piping icing to outline the reindeer.
Step 2: Flooding. After 10-15 minutes I flooded the whole reindeer once (not in parts) as there were no large neighbouring areas that would overflow each other. I used a toothpick to help in the corners.


Step 3: Details. I piped a small white dot for the eyes and dropped a green sugar pearl in. At last I piped red noses for the reindeers.

Among all Santa Clause cookies my favourite was the reindeer. My only regret is that I overbaked them. They could have been much nicer on a bright sugar cookie instead of a brown sugar cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment