Oldalak

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Snowman Cookies

I needed the following:

- royal icing (piping and flooding),
- sugar pearls,
- Wilton #2,
- piping bag,
- brown food colouring,
- toothpick.


Step 1: Piping. I draw the outline of the snowman with white and brown piping icing.

Step 2 : Flooding the scarf and the hat-band. After 10-15 minutes I flooded the smaller parts with brown flooding icing and used a toothpick to ensure that it is properly flooded in the corners. I sprinkled it with the sugar pearls when the icing was still wet.

Step 3: Flooding the head and the body. After 20-30 minutes I flooded the head and the body with white flooding icing.

Step 4: Flooding the hat. After again 20-30 minutes I flooded the hat with brown flooding icing.

Step 5: Details. When the icing dried, I finished it with the details like drawing the eyes and the mouth. As I figured out only at this step that I don’t have black food colouring, I had to improvise with sugar pearls and other colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment